WATER BEAD INSTRUCTIONS
- Empty 1 sachet of water beads (5gms) into 1 litre of tap water. Leave for 4-5 hours or overnight (you can’t overdo it).
- When fully expanded, drain off excess water using a colander or strainer.
- Place into a glass bowl or vase depending on your intentions.
- If you are not intending to use the water beads with plants, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil, lavender oil or tea tree oil, they are antiseptic and will prevent the beads from becoming slimy or mouldy.
- If you are intending to use the water beads with cut flowers or plants that can live without drainage, leave some water in the bottom of the vase so the ends of the stems or roots are in water. As the water level drops, replace some water. When cut flowers are finished, thoroughly rinse the water beads as there will be decaying plant matter in there.
- Decorative tips- If you wish to layer the different colours, first grow the beads in separate containers, drain, then add different colours to the vase or bowl one at a time. It is best to completely fill the container so when it comes to rehydrating the beads, they can be drained without disturbing the layers.
- Rehydrating your beads- After some time the water beads will start to shrink, they are designed to do this, you will notice the top beads getting smaller and water will collect at the bottom of the container. Simply fill the container with water and leave overnight. To drain, place your colander firmly over the top of the vase, hold it in place as you upend the vase. This should reduce movement of the layers. Eventually, after several rehydration’s the layers will begin to mix up
- How long will they last? - The manufacturers of these quality water beads say they will last around 2 years. This means you can successfully rehydrate them for that time period without them disintegrating. If the beads are handled excessively, they probably won’t last 2 years.
- Water beads are not toxic, they are made from silicone. Make sure that you keep unexpanded beads away from small children. More than a few unexpanded beads may cause blockages if ingested.
- LED lights- We also offer submersible battery operated LED lights with a remote control. Firstly, remove the little plastic tab from the bottom of the remote control to engage the battery. Then unscrew the two parts of the light and unpack the 3 x AAA batteries and fit into place. Re-join top to bottom making sure to not overtighten causing the rubber seal to be squashed and ineffective. Note- these batteries will not last long and we recommend that you buy rechargeable batteries.
Recall Notice 15/10/18
Anyone who bought water beads at the Perth Royal Show between 22/09/18 - 29/09/18 who considered the water beads to be a child's toy, are asked to return the beads for a full refund to- 38 Simmental Grove, Lower Chittering, W.A. 6084.
The reason being that sales staff at the show were not aware that the water beads should not be promoted to children as they may be harmful if swallowed.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Jane on 0411864041